Sunday, February 6, 2011

5K Training Continued

Have been very lax in my postings the last 10 days. One might suppose that I had not been training! And if you did you would be WRONG!! The pain and agony continue, just a slacker in keeping up my records. So here is a brief recap of the last 10 days of training and I will be more dillagent in my posting going forward.

1-28-11, Friday routine, 30 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes of abs with two sets of light weight arm excesises.
1-29-11, Rest Day
1-30-11, Sunday routine, 45 minutes on the cross trainer and 45 minutes of upper body weights, medium weight.
1-31-11, 20 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes of abs, 20 minutes of shoulders and upper back, light weights.
2-01-11, 5 minut warm up on the elliptical, 20 minutes of abs, 30 minutes or chest and lowere baqck.
2-02-11, 30 minutes on the cross trainer, 20 minutes of abs, 25 minutes of arms and chest heavy weight.
2-03-11, 15 minutes of elliptical, 20 minutes abs, 15 minutes of light circut training.
2-04-11, 45 minutes on the cross trainer, 30 minutes of abs, 15 minutes medium weight circut training.
2-05-11, Rest Day
2-06-11, Another Rest Day for the Super Bowl!!!!! Back on track tomorrow.

So there is the missing 10 days. noticable stiff muscles in the back. Will probably give the back a rest for a few days. Focus on cardio and see if my energy level improves. Been fighting a cold for the last 3 days and I think that may be the motivation and back issue in a nut shell. Or I could be getting old and parts are starting to rear out??? Naw probably the cold.

The weather is actually been pretty good and the ground has been drying out nicely, I may actually try running on the bark track at the park next week, we'll see??

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kevin! Bri told me about your traning blog, and I'm so impressed! Great work, keep it up! It's VERY inspiring as I, too, have been trying to get back in shape! I admire your determination and diligence in both the exercise and nutrition aspects of healthy living. Have you decided on which 5k you will participate in?? I look forward to following your posts and celebrating your progress with you!

    ReplyDelete