Monday, April 11, 2011

5K Training

April 11, 2011, Yesterday was a bit long winded, I got kind of excited by the progress being made by Blacknat and his Texas bike ride. Today will be shorter I promise.

Yesterday afternoon it rained, so not much chance for outdoor activity. As luck might have it however, the gym was dry!! So off I went for about an hour and a half of fun in fitness. About 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and 45 minutes split between abs and weights. Not very exciting I know, but the feel good part a half hour after finishing up is always worth the boring part. I'm starting to learn a lot about nutrition on this adventure. The foot problem I had a week or so ago was probably going to be a gout flare up and I thought it was from running or walking. You may remember my pig out weekend a few weeks ago. Unfortunately for me I moderated my poor eating habits but I still was sneaking potato chips and burgers at every opportunity. When I had the foot thing pop up I went back to my lean, low fat, lots of blue berry's diet and as if by magic, my energy levels started to go up and my foot problem went away. This nutrition thing may be under rated!!

I'll post Monday work out results tomorrow

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment