Thursday, January 6, 2011

Over 50 and Training for a 5K Race Continued

So yesterday was day 5 of 72. After a 1 mile jog/walk, had to do some walking because of the appearant thin air here at 300 feet above sea level, I went to the gym for some cross training and weights. Upon seeing the always pleasant Michelle, the gym manager, I explained that I would be needing to buy one of the gym tee shirts to wear in the upcomming race. She obviously mis understood my comment because she began to laugh out loud. She obviously thought I was telling a joke and being the customer service person that she is, she laughed along with the joke even though she did not hear the punch line. After repeating myself, she regained her composure and explained they were out of shirts because the guy that made them for them had died recently. She had that look on her face like he might have died doing a 5K race. I let it drop and moved on with my workout.

So, 1 mile jog/walk followed by 25 minutes interval training and light weights for about 30 minutes. A bit sore in the evening but gaining on it. I had some issues sleeping, am having a dream over and over of the tee shirt guy clutching his heart 10 meters before the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment